Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Last Friday...


Last Friday, our class had our December lesson with Amy, our art docent.  She had set up a wonderful workshop where students got to paint and decorate ornaments, while also creating their own ornaments out of tin pieces.

It was also during that time that teachers were becoming aware of the tragedy in Connecticut and trying to sort our own understanding of it all.

Last week was a heart-tugging week to be a teacher, and I'm sure as a parent as well.  Wednesday brought an afternoon of being on alert due to the modified lock-down.  I am so proud how focused on school and learning our students were, that they never knew what was going on until the end of the day.  I have never analyzed the safety of our classroom, our hallways and our building so intensely before in a short amount of time.

When I watched your child choose their paint colors, determine their design, joyfully scatter glitter... I felt so blessed to be their teacher.  I love that each one of their ornaments reflects a bit of their personalities and I hope you can see that too.

May you and your family have a wonderful Winter Break~

"Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light." ~Helen Keller 

No comments:

Post a Comment