Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Phone Calls in School

As a reminder, cellphones are not allowed to be used by students while at school.  The school policy requires that cellphones must be turned-off and kept in students' backpacks.  When students carry cellphones on them, they risk it getting damaged during recess.  (Plus, we have awful reception in our classroom so batteries just get drained as it searches for reception and the NOISE is a huge distraction.)  Typically, after I discuss the school's policy with class, any cellphones I confiscate will be turned into the office to be picked up by parents.  Our discussion took place in October.

If a student needs to make a local phone call, I will grant them permission to during recess time from my classroom phone.  (Local area code: 206 only)

During school hours 9:05-3:40, I will be unable to answer the phone since I'm busy with students.  If you need to get a hold of me, email is best.

No comments:

Post a Comment