Sunday, September 8, 2013

4th Year Teaching 4th Grade

Maile relaxes in the classroom, the day before school starts
And another school year begins!  It has been a fun short week as I enjoyed getting to know each student, getting a feel of the group dynamics and having the students adjust to me and each other.  We will be rolling up our sleeves starting this week, to begin diving into more of the nitty-gritty lessons.

I noticed that students are experiencing difficulty knowing the calendar, including their full birthdate (month-day-year), along with the sequence of months (January, February, etc) and month ordinal (September is the ninth month of the year).  If you can review this with your child, it will be helpful!  I've made myself a note to touch upon it if we have time to, but having students practice individually at home would help them greatly.  Thank you for your support!

It is my 4th year teaching 4th grade, and I'm so looking forward to what this year brings for each student in the class.

No comments:

Post a Comment